Last week Weston Ochse tagged me in the latest installment of The Next Big Thing, a chance for authors to promote their next big release. Weston sent me these questions and I, in turn, will send them along to the next author of The Next Big Thing, who I will announce very soon.
1) What is the working title of your next book?
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
I was out to dinner with my editor at Kensington and we started talking about the cruise I’d just taken. I told him how gluttonous people could be on cruises, and the next thing you know we were talking about my next novel…a zombie story set on a cruise ship.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
The two main leads are women, one a badass U.S. Secret Service agent and the other a female version of James Bond working for one of the Mexican cartels. For the agent I’m imagining Dianna Agron or Amy Smart. For the cartel assassin Naya Rivera.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
A Mexican drug cartel releases a flesh eating virus into a cruise ship’s food supply, turning the passengers into zombies.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
It was written on spec for Kensington. My agent, Jim Donovan, is my representation.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
About seven months.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
My own Dead World series books or possibly Deck Z.
8) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
A recent cruise I took with my family.
9) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
This is my first book to feature a sex scene!